3D STREAMING CONTENT IS NOW AVAILABLE, GIVING YOU RICHER CONTEXT FOR YOUR NEXT PROJECT. YOU NOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACCESS THE LATEST IN 3D MAPPING IMMEDIATELY, ONLINE AND ON-DEMAND, ALL AT THE TOUCH OF YOUR FINGERTIPS.
More data, more power
High-resolution aerial imagery has given us the ability to model reality in a more cost-effective, efficient way. Our patented camera systems have captured 3D data that is viewable and measurable, in over 99,000 mi2 in the U.S. and nearly 23,000 km2 in Australia. Real-life visualisation is now a reality in mere seconds for planners, engineers, and designers alike.
Previously, 3D data was only available as an offline export. The nature of accessing 3D content became a challenge, available only to those with large budgets, skilled technicians, or robust software licensing. With Nearmap 3D, you have an easy, immediate, relatively affordable channel to incorporate 3D into your workflows.
Today’s aerial maps have evolved into full-blown analytics platforms, helping transform the way many industries work. Just as technology evolves to give us new ways to see the world around us, aerial imagery is evolving to help solve some pretty big challenges such as 5G implementation. How? By giving us a way to see truth on the ground, as it really exists.
The power of 3D data
If you know anything about the gaming industry, you know that a big draw for its popularity is the ability to immerse yourself into the environment. Creating a virtual reality in which to play in—and now to design in—offers an entirely new way to look at an environment and solve real world problems.
Nearmap’s patented camera systems capture each point on the ground several times, generating extraordinarily rich data sets. That data is then fed into our proprietary processing software which produces a comprehensive, up-to-date 3D representation and rich location intelligence. Online access to these images offers users the ability to personalise their export of 3D data for easy integration into the platform of their choice. The variety of file formats available allows for easy visualisation for inspecting, measuring, and exporting in the following formats.
What sets Nearmap 3D apart from other imagery providers is you can define down to the foot what type of 3D content you want to export. Draw your area of interest in any polygon shape you wish, down to a specific block or landscape feature—an adaptable solution to help you save time and increase flexibility.
Model reality to solve real-world problems
Having the enhanced ability to visualise a project gives you a chance to imagine a variety of possibilities. When combined with GIS systems such as Esri, AutoDesk, Bentley, and others, Nearmap’s photorealistic 3D location intelligence is transforming how industries work to address challenges large and small. So how can our 3D imagery offer solutions to real problems?
· 5G Telecommunication Planning– the biggest requirement for installing the largest network rollout to date is identifying cell site locations where there is clear Line of Sight (LOS). In order to provide the faster, more reliable service consumers demand, sites need to be closer together and no obstructions between them to disrupt service. In a dense urban environment, the challenges of tall buildings is just the start; planners now have to consider tree branches, mailboxes, street signage, and more. By combining DSM and true ortho imagery, wireless carriers can identify clear areas for LOS.
· Urban Planning & Development – The population growth in large cities continues to rise, providing challenging urban development issues for city planners and engineers. 3D modeling allows designers the ability to represent a city in virtual reality with exact scale. These models are being used for planning, environmental analysis, transportation, risk management, and proposed developments. This technology is paving the road for more sustainable cities. An example would be the building capacity of a particular block: city regulations can be applied, building height controlled, and existing structures computed and visualized.
· Emergency Management – In an emergency, seconds count. 3D aerial maps allow first responders the ability to improve accuracy in decision making. How? Consider the improved response action plans when you have high-resolution modeling to help navigate newly designed roadways, college campuses, refineries, shopping malls, alternate access points, or urban centers. Immersive 3D visualisations allow dispatchers the chance to walk around a property, all remotely.
· Event Management and Public Safety – Outdoor events can be a safety planner’s worst nightmare as mass public events involve critical crisis management challenges. Whether it’s an outdoor concert venue, professional sporting event, or community fair, public safety officials and event planners need to visualise the landscape. 3D data enables a more robust event planning framework as it can be used to analyse terrain and map existing and constructed structures for an event. 3D aerial imagery is a perfect partner to gauge resource needs and create an event and public safety strategy.
Instant access = immediate benefits
Now that 3D content is instantly accessible online, the benefits of how it can be used can be applied immediately.
· Get deeper context of your project and beyond
Unprecedented high-fidelity content with wide-area coverage gives you the context to plan and estimate accurately
· Accelerate planning with the context only 3D can give
No waiting period thanks to our fully automated 3D processing pipeline and online MapBrowser 3D Viewer and Export
· Work with the latest source of truth
Data is refreshed regularly to ensure you’re viewing the credible reality on the ground as your project evolves
As a cost-effective, efficient way to visualise the future, Nearmap 3D gives you a new portal to imagine possibilities. The power to visualise your project is in your hands on a whole new level. Go further faster with instant access to immersive Nearmap 3D.